Polar Bear on the Loose

Chronicles of a polar bear's life in society.

Email: mercuryranch AT yahoo.com

Monday, June 02, 2003

I'm nearly ready. I think in the next couple days I'll be ready to tackle the in-line skates again. I think if I can master starting and stopping, I'll be OK with this whole thing.

What's the story with this Atkins Diet thing? In the wild, of course, I adhere to what would be an almost total Atkins Diet (seals, Arctic Fox, fish, and puffin eggs--pure protein and fat). Then I came down into the Lower 48, and my diet has been heavily influenced by television advertising, local trends, and supermarket stocking methods. Not once have I been able to find my native diet here. Peanut butter and tuna fish are my new favorites. Elvis Presley had peanut butter and banana sandwiches, but I prefer peanut butter and tuna fish. That's where the healthy stuff stops. I go into Harpoon Larry's Seafood place down in Hampton with every intention of getting seafood, but I can't help it. Harpoon Larry's makes the best Swiss and Mushroom Burger I've ever eaten. And the fries! Sigh. You people have corrupted me beyond redemption. I can feel my arteries hardening as I type.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home