Polar Bear on the Loose

Chronicles of a polar bear's life in society.

Email: mercuryranch AT yahoo.com

Thursday, June 05, 2003

Game 1 is in the bag. Well done, Spurs.

Being from the Arctic, I don't see many snakes. Twice today, I've seen a young rat snake on either side of my front door. This morning it was on one side of the door and slithered back into the vinyl siding when it got concerned about me looking at it. Then this evening, its head was poking out of the corner under the siding about a foot above the ground on the other side of the door. The snake by itself doesn't bother me, but I'd prefer not to look down some day and see it sitting there looking up at me when I'm in the living room. And this one (or ones) seems very interested in my front door. Oh, and a quick scan of the web indicates this is mating season, so do I need to be worried about a fresh hatching of baby rat snakes slithering all over in my walls come August or September? Definitely creepy. Maybe I'll move out and leave Her here to deal with it.

But I can't. I'm getting a new roommate before this weekend, and he's gorgeous. His name is Nanuk. I'll see if I can figure out how to post a picture.

Game 2 is Friday night. Go Spurs Go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home