Polar Bear on the Loose

Chronicles of a polar bear's life in society.

Email: mercuryranch AT yahoo.com

Wednesday, November 26, 2003

Urban Legends Reference Pages: Inboxer Rebellion (Master/Slave)

Urban Legends Reference Pages: Inboxer Rebellion (Master/Slave)

Now that She's given me a reprieve from dictating my story until She gets Her life together, I have entirely too much time to surf the Internet. This little tidbit has appeared in numerous forms--on CNN's site and Dave Barry's Blog. I found this link from Dave Barry's Blog.

Since I'm only nine years old, I haven't been involved in this computer thing too long, but even I know this is not a feasible solution. The comment, "But we are culturally sensitive and we have 90,000 employees," he said. "We have to take these things seriously." tells me this guy is most likely afraid of bringing a lawsuit down upon the County if he doesn't handle it this way. Unfortunately, he's making the County the laughing stock of the world. Should any of the vendors take them seriously, the price to the County is likely to be outrageous. Every single computer in existence that I'm aware of has the term "master/slave" encoded in it--from BIOS to motherboard to hard drives, etc.

Will the entire face of technology be changed (and at what cost) because at least one person is too technologically stupid to understand the concept used to differentiate between peripherals?

Ignorant may be a more politically correct term, but stupid, in this case, is more correct. As for the County of Los Angeles? I'm sure they just want to avoid a lawsuit from one of their employees. But were they really wise to ask this of their vendors? I don't believe so.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home