Polar Bear on the Loose

Chronicles of a polar bear's life in society.

Email: mercuryranch AT yahoo.com

Saturday, October 25, 2003

Basketball and the new NBA Season

Pre-season is almost over, and I'm sure you've been wondering when I was going to mention the Spurs again. I think it's wonderfully fitting now that She's watching what may be the end of baseball's World Series tonight. Why do they call it the World Series when only teams from Northern North America can participate? Is that awfully arrogant of them?

But I digress. My World Champion (there's that term again--as if nobody else in the world matters) San Antonio Spurs appear to have been struggling in their pre-season. Of course, this is not uncommon. They don't usually start the season on top. They build to it. Pre-season isn't necessarily about winning. It's about ensuring the foundation is laid to be able to go the long haul throughout the season to finish on top. If you're undefeated in the pre-season and finish the season at the bottom of your bracket, did it really matter? Nope. Not a bit.

So I'll be patient and see how things go this season. Although, I confess it doesn't seem to be shaping up to a championship repeat. I could be wrong.

The indoor temperature was wonderful this week. Then She turned the heat on. Now I'm sweltering again. I'm beginning to think I'd really like my own house--then I could keep the temperature the way I want it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home